Middle Coombe Farm is an ecologically focused sixteenth century, thatched, grade 2* listed farmhouse, set in its own sheltered valley amidst 400 acres of organic farm and working woodland. The farm, well and pool also happen to be located on the St Michael ley line. Coombe’s old threshing barn has been lovingly renovated and the original cider press has been repaired. The house, extensive gardens, woodland glade and barn are all for hire. We cater for eco weddings, functions, residential workshops, family holidays and special occasion get-aways. Middle Coombe Farm has been awarded The Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Standard Award. We can cater for up to 16-18 guests at a time with partial accessiblity.
• Guests are recommended to contact us prior to arrival to ensure we are here to greet and receive them.
• Contact Details : Tel: 01884 821176; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; middlecf2017.staging.wpengine.com.
• Tiverton Parkway is the nearest mainline train station, taxi’s are available from both Tiverton Parkway train station and Tiverton town bus station.
• Tiverton Town Centre is 5.5 miles from Middle Coombe, Exmoor is 12 miles, North & South Coasts are 20-25 miles away
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• All car parking spaces are reserved, 4 spaces are 150m from the house and 30 spaces 250m up hill from the house.
• There are facilities for disability parking available 50m from the Farmhouse entrance.
• Main drop off point is 50m from the entrance.
• Entrance to property is a combination of tarmac & cobble stones.
• Provisions for pets are available on request.
• Signage is available on way into the property from main road.
Main Entrance & Reception.
• Our reception/office is en route to the main farm house adjacent to the disabled car park.
• The main entrance to the house is via a cobbled path approximately 30ft in length leading to the entrance porch. The door to which is 2.9ft wide with a 3inch threshold. The porch is 6ft by 6.5ft and leads on to the Front door which is 3.2feet wide with a 1inch threshold. The hallway is approximately 4ft wide and is carpeted as is the entire downstairs except for the kitchen and pantry.
• Once inside the main entrance the sitting room is to the left, this door is 2.10ft wide.
• The entrance to the library is on the right and this door is 2.9ft wide.
• There are 2 steps up into the library. The first is 7inches and the second is 1inch high.
• There are 2, 7inch steps from the first step to the library, to a landing which leads to the back door which is 3ft wide and stairway.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The hallways throughout the house are approximately 4.5 feet wide.
• The stairway is 3 feet in width with 12, 7inch steps. This leads to a landing that has a step of 6inch, after approximately 4feet. There is a bathroom with 3, 7inch steps going down into it with hand rails and a WC with 3, 7inch steps going down in to it from this landing. See floor plans.
• There are two storeys in the property ground and upper level.
• Both have carpet or solid wood flooring throughout.
• On the ground level there is 1 WC. This is through the library up 3, 7 inch steps.
• Lighting is provided throughout.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The sitting room is approximately 320 feet square, with a massive 8 x 5 foot deep oak window overlooking the lawn. There is a very large open fireplace and the room is beautifully decorated with Jacobean oak panelling. In one corner there is a standard size door leading in to a small room which contains extra glasses, crockery, decanters and picnic baskets. There is a 2.3ft doorway with a 4 inch step down in to the Kitchen.
• The library is approximately 17 feet x 14 feet and contains a fine collection of classic volumes, it also has a lovely window with a view of the garden and the gate house.
Self-Catering Kitchen and Pantry
• The Kitchen has laminate flooring.
• The kitchen has an induction range cooker, dishwasher and seating for 16 guests.
• Adjacent to this kitchen is a large traditional pantry with stone floors and slate shelving. The doorway to the pantry is 2.8ft wide with a 1inch threshold
Bedroom 1 with en-suite – Has a high double bed and is fully carpeted. The doorway is 2.6ft wide with a 1inch threshold. There are 3, 7inch carpeted steps with hand rails going down in to the en-suite. This has Vinyl flooring and the bath has hand rails on it. The floor does slope towards the back of the bathroom.
Bedroom 2 – Has a wooden floor with 2 rug either side of the superking size zip link bed. The doorway is 2.9ft wide.
Bedroom 3 – Has a wooden floor with 3 rugs. One between the 2 single beds and the other 2 running through the room. The doorway is 2.8ft wide. There is also a double bed in this room.
Bedroom 4 – Has a single bed with carpeted floor. The doorway is 2.1ft wide and has a 1inch threshold.
Bedroom 5 – Has a superking size 4 poster bed and a single bed. The floor is wooden with 2 rugs running through the room. The doorway is 2.5ft wide and has a 1inch threshold.
Bedroom 6 with en-suite – Has a double zip link bed with carpeted floor and has 3, 8inch steps going up in to it. The doorway is 2.4ft wide. The en-suite has Vinyl flooring and the doorway is 2.5ft wide. The up stairs fire exit is in this room and the doorway is 2.8ft wide with a 1inch threshold there is also another step 3ft after the exit of 7inches
Bedroom 7 with en-suite -Has a double zip link bed. The doorway is 2.3ft wide and has a carpeted floor with 3, 7inch steps leading up in to it. The doorway in to the en-suite is 2.5ft wide and it has Vinyl flooring. It has a walk in shower with a 10inch step in to it. This bedroom is on the ground floor through the library.
• There are laundry facilities available in the downstairs en-suite.
• Apart from the WC’s in the house we have two comfortable Eco-Toilet on the property with a view looking out over woodland. One is single and portable, the other double.
Dining Room, Bar & Bar area.
• Next to the Cider Barn is a small bar area suitable for use during marriage receptions and other functions.
• See website for further details.
• Swimming Pool available. Our pool is solar heated and can accommodate up to 15 people at a time.
There are 3 wide, shallow paved steps at the entrance.
• There are tables and chairs poolside to accommodate quiet time or sunbathing.
• The poolside area is good for relaxing and playing badminton.
• There is a changing hut and showers available also.
There is a Hot Tub at the swimming pool area which has steps x 2 leading up to get into it
There are 2 x outdoor showers next to the Hot Tub
• Childrens Playground – this consists of a trampoline, a climbing frame, a willow bender and other toys, the playground can easily cope with a maximum of 8 children.
• Toilets and running water facilities, central fire pit and stone circle with easy access to the cider barn and function site. Changing area with baby changing facilities that has a 13amp socket, basin and running water available. Outdoor showers are available at the Swimming Pool.
• Woodland Area – this is one of the main attractions here at Coombe with mixed forest, extensive footpaths and walkways, wildlife, rare plants & woodland crafts. We even have a piano in the Woods! – sorry now that us not playable at this point.
• Woodland Glade with Incredible Oak Tree provides a truly beautiful setting for the many Eco-Weddings we have here at Coombe.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
• Grade II threshing barn turned Cider barn which is 46ft x 17ft, the entrance is approximately 8.5 feet wide with a ramp suitable for wheelchair access (4ft) and three steps which are also 4feet in width. This is suitable for banqueting 70 people and holding conferences/seminars/workshops with a maximum of 100 people.
• This has been recently renovated with high cobbles and a thatched roof.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• There is an en-suite bedroom available behind the library on the ground floor which has a handrail and 2 steps leading up to it. This is either a king-size bed or two singles, depending on requirements.
• There are laundry facilities available in the large bathroom adjacent to this room.
• There are a total of 8 bedrooms which sleep 16 – 20 people in total.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• There are a total of 5 bathrooms on the property, 4 of which are en suite.
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
• 200 acres of Woodland
• Huntsham castle – Ancient Earthworks Site
Tiverton Canal – Horse draw Bardge
• Knights Hayes Courts – National Trust Manor & Gardens (10 mins)
• Tiverton Canal – Horse drawn Barges
• Exmoor National Park
• Wimbleball Lake
• North Coast Beaches (45 mins)
Grounds and Gardens
• Pathways of cobblestone and undulating earth/grass surfaces
• Seats interspersed along pathways to enjoy the view/take a break
• Wooden handmade signage detailed throughout property
• Playground on grass surface
• A state of the art Fire Alarm system has been installed
• In emergency assemble at Lower car park by cider barn
• The property is non-smoking but there are designated smoking areas provided
Middle Coombe Farm
Telephone: +44 (0) 1884 821176
Fax: Not Available
Minicom: Not Available
Grid reference: ST00031703
Hours of operation: 09:00 – 17:00 Monday – Saturday
Emergency number: 01884 821350
Local equipment hire companies: Western Event Hire – www.westerneventhire.com
Local public transport numbers: National Express Bus Services Tiverton Bus Station – 0121 4508673
Kingdom Tours Minibus & Bus Hire Company, Tiverton – 01884 252373
Local accessible taxi numbers:
Liz Cabs- 07899 903314
Parkway Cars – 01884 38899
A2B Cabs- 01884 251252
Clints Taxi-07934 993450
• Eco Hot-tub – now installed
• Woodland Pathways – part of one pathway now floored and hand railed
• Restoration of Linnays – presently underway – Dec 2010 – 2011
For an outdoor toilet & shower for wheelchair access 2011 – 2012
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01884821176 or email email@example.com
Created: 16 December 2009
Updated Nov 2010